Menu Button

Consistent Exercise in Neighborhood

Post Options
https://community.cashwalklabs.io/workout_routines/3507109

Consistent Exercise in Neighborhood

I live in a town that has a river plus diversion channels for flood control that encircles the town. We have a paved bike trail that follows the river with greenways and parks. The main loop of the bike trail is just over 19 miles and there are 36 miles of the bike trail total. We have over 80 parks, many of them are along the bike trails providing scenic views and a natural environment all along the bike trails. There are plenty of places to get water, go to the bathroom, and rest. There are playgrounds, picnic areas, ball parks, tennis courts, basketball courts, dog parks, and water parks, almost anything you can think of you can find along the bike trails. My house is just across the road from the bike trail and greenway so it's really convenient to get consistent exercise in our neighborhood. Along the bike trail, about 1 mile from my house is a park that has the first outdoor fitness court in the state. The city is planning for more.

The fitness court has 28 different exercise stations and enough room for yoga sessions. The exercise equipment and surface of the fitness court is made to withstand all 4 seasons of weather. Some of the stations include exercise bikes, a cross trainer machine, box jump stations, pull-up bars, kettlebell stations, speed ladders, and much more. The Parks and Recreation Department provides learning sessions and exercise sessions. Additionally, there are signs at the fitness court with QR codes that,  when scanned, take you to a website providing more instructional information on how to use the equipment as well as suggested workouts. This makes it easy for visitors of all experience levels to enjoy a full-body workout at the park. Therefore the whole park system provides consistent exercise for it's neighborhood users. There's nothing better than to exercise outdoors with fresh air and beautiful scenic views. I hope all of you have something like this to make exercise consistent and convenient for your community to use that promotes health and wellness. 

So grab your neighbor and run, walk, bike, rollerblade, or go cross country skiing and enjoy the great outdoors. 

close-icon

Author Jim Wattier

Post Consistent Exercise in Neighborhood

• Cursing or hateful contents
  • Sexual contents
  • Spam or repetitive posting
  • Violation of privacy policy
  • Slandering of someone in particular
  • Others

False reporting may result in
service restrictions.

Comments 1